Gatlinburg Unveils Four-Day St. Patrick’s Celebration
You just got lucky! Celebrate Irish culture at the new four-day St.Patrick’s Day festival in Gatlinburg. Wednesday, Mar. 17 through Saturday, Mar. 20, Gatlinburg goes green, with traditional Irish music, dance, and food, plus spectacular fireworks.
Local restaurants and attractions will tempt you with special offers on food, drink, and admissions during this Irish extravaganza.
See Gatlinburg decked out in shamrock green and hear lilting Celtic music in the air all over town. The talented cast of dancers and musicians from Smoky Mountain Tunes and Tales will hit the streets with their Irish jigs and reels every night from 5 to 9 p.m.
Watch for traditional Irish dances famed for intricate footwork. Listen for special appearances by professional Scottish bagpiper Kelly Shipe each night. Let the pipes call you to Gatlinburg’s downtown, where you’ll be surrounded by all this toe-tapping, joyful entertainment for free.
Fireworks and Fantastic Deals
On Friday, Mar. 19, fireworks--shot from the top of Gatlinburg’s iconic Space Needle--will light up the night with a sparkling tribute to Ireland at 10 p.m.
Gatlinburg SkyLift Park will host a fireworks viewing party on Friday with gold coin giveaways and a special deal--admission for the nighttime party also grants you admission the next day too. At Ober Gatlinburg ski resort, Irish music band The Crossjacks will play throughout the day on Wednesday, Mar. 17, and Ober will serve corned beef and cabbage, green beer, and drink specials.
Merchants, restaurants, and bars all are embracing the Irish theme with great deals like these. Note that some deals apply only on Mar. 17.
- Mystic Moon Celtic Faire: Buy two-family coat of arms prints and get a third print free, with the ad from the Gatlinburg website above.
- Cliff Top Restaurant: Get a taste of Ireland with a special menu including Guinness beef pie, Colcannon (roasted cabbage, bacon and mashed potato), and other traditional dishes.
- Tennessee Jed’s: Jed’s offers a corned beef and cabbage plate and a special “cream of corned beef” soup, plus desserts with a green theme.
- Appalachian Ghost Walks: Groups of four or more get a $5 per person discount for these spooky tours.
- Look for Irish drink and food specials at eateries including Ole Red, The Melting Pot, TGI Friday’s, the Fox and Parrot, the Vista Grill, Fannie Farkle’s, Byrd’s Cookies, and more.
- You’ll enjoy the St. Patrick’s Day excitement even more if you can go home each night to your private, comfy rental cabin. Book your stay today.