When March blows into Pigeon Forge, it brings this valley town alive after winter’s chill. Take a March vacation in Pigeon Forge and enjoy terrific events, without the summer crowds.
Early spring is ideal for a visit. March’s highs typically reach the comfortable 60s and 70s. Evening lows can dip into the fresh 30s, so wear layers, and bring an umbrella because March can be rainy. Don’t let rain deter you, though—it feeds our lovely wildflowers and fills our rushing mountain streams!
Outdoors enthusiasts can spend hours in the vast Great Smoky Mountains National Park on Pigeon Forge’s doorstep. The park’s Cades Cove and Sugarlands Visitor Centers are open daily in March, and historic Cable Mill in Cades Cove opens for the season in mid-March with grain grinding demonstrations.
March Events in Pigeon Forge
The huge variety of special events in March means there’s something for every interest. Here’s a sampling:
- For classic car lovers, March is the ideal month to visit. Four car shows bring hot rods, Mustangs, Chevelles and Corvettes to Pigeon Forge—Click here to find event details.
- Irish Month at the Titanic Museum Attraction celebrates Irish culture with folklore, music and dancing all month long.
- Ober Gatlinburg, the state’s only ski resort, launches March with its annual Spring Fling event, including snow sports competitions, a concert, food, and much more. In 2021 the Spring Fling is Mar. 2 so book your tickets early for this family outing.
- Quilters—and those who just love looking at beautiful quilts—can enjoy A Mountain Quiltfest, a four-day event Mar. 5-8, with hands-on workshops and displays of handcrafted quilts.
- If down-home music gets your toes tapping, visit during Country Music Week, Mar. 15-21, to hear performances including the Country Music Hall of Fame show at Country Tonite theater.
- Foodies and history buffs both will want to check out the Mar. 26-28 Chuck Wagon Cook-Off competition, where contestants cook Wild West style.
- March is special here because beloved theme park Dollywood awakens from its winter hibernation in March each year. In 2021, the park reopens on Mar. 13. March also marks the start of Dollywood’s annual Festival of Nations, weeks of shows by performers from around the world.
- Like your music free, and served up alongside good eats? During March, you can hear bands for free when you dine at two of the area’s favorite music venues, Ole Red Gatlinburg and Puckett’s Gro. & Restaurant in Pigeon Forge.
Stay in a cozy cabin right here in Pigeon Forge so you’re near all the fun. Book a March cabin rental today!